- This event has passed.
Practical Approaches to Improving Diversity in Clinical Trials Webinar Series
December 9, 2020 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm EST
We are pleased to invite you to our webinar on Workforce Development as part of the MRCT Leaning In: A Webinar Series – Practical Approaches to Improving Diversity in Clinical Trials. Moderated by Luther Clark, MD Deputy Chief Patient Officer at Merck, we will be joined by MRCT Center’s Sarah White, MPH to review recommendations made in the Achieving Diversity, Inclusion and Equity in Clinical Research Guidance Document. Guest speakers include Racquel W. Bruton, Senior Clinical Operations Lead at Biogen, and Karen M. Winkfield, MD, PhD, Executive Director at Meharry-Vanderbilt Alliance.
WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT: A clinical research workforce, including clinicians, investigators, research team members, referring physicians, sponsors, CROs and patient recruitment vendors, should be trained in the skills necessary to support, understand, and communicate with a culturally diverse participant population. A clinical research workforce that is diverse in itself is also better able to prioritize, connect, care for, and successfully recruit a diverse participant population in research.
In the second session of the MRCT Center’s ‘Leaning-In’ Webinar Series speakers will discuss:
- The opportunities to enhance and train clinicians and healthcare providers on cultural competence, humility and implicit bias
- The importance of a diverse participant pool in clinical research
- Strategies companies can utilize to improve their own workforce diversity
- How clinical trialists can utilize and adapt the MRCT Center’s Guidance Document and Toolkit to evaluate and enhance their Workforce Development
- Success and failure stories from experts in the field
|🎥 Watch webinar recording||⬇️ Download slides|